FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fina Cut 10.3.2 Not Auto Filling Gaps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Stevens
Fina Cut 10.3.2 Not Auto Filling Gaps
on Aug 21, 2017 at 5:18:11 pm

Suddenly today, whenever I delete a clip in the timeline, FCPX does NOT auto shift all following clips to the left to fill the gap. I'm forced to select and grab everything after the deleted clip and manually drag everything to the left to rfill the gap.

How can I fix this, so that FCPX will once again auto shift everything after I delete a clip in the timeline?>????

iMac 27", i7, 4.0GHZ, 5K Retina, 32GB Ram, 512 SDD, 4TB Ext. HD, Final Cut Pro 10.3, After Effects CC v13.8.0.144 - (2015.3 release), Apple Motion 5

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Fina Cut 10.3.2 Not Auto Filling Gaps
on Aug 21, 2017 at 7:31:43 pm

Are you in the Position mode? Was a slug left in this gap when you deleted the clip? Returning to the default mode (Selection arrow) should get you back to normal.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 21, 2017 at 7:41:33 pm

I just double-checked, so here's a correction. Both select and position cause the timeline to ripple when you delete a clip. In both cases, holding down shift+delete will leave a slug/gap clip in that space. Is the shift key somehow being held down? If not, try a new Library and see if this behavior is still happening. If it's still there, then maybe time to delete your preferences.

https://larryjordan.com/articles/improving-fcp-x-performance/

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Aug 22, 2017 at 12:05:48 am

go to the drop down menu for the cursor tools (just to the right of the edit choice icons) and re-select the top cursor option (select or the A key).

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]