FORUMS: list search recent posts

Starting pan/zoom earlier

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Starting pan/zoom earlier
on Aug 9, 2017 at 1:11:58 pm

Hi Guys,

How do you start a pan/zoom move earlier and end later than the clip itself? I want to cut to a shot already moving, and get out of that shot before the move ends.

In FCP 7, it was easy to drag the first keyframe before the clip.

Thanks so much!

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Starting pan/zoom earlier
on Aug 11, 2017 at 12:51:29 am

Nesting into a compound clip and applying the move onto the full clip inside the compound would do it.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Paul Golden
on Aug 12, 2017 at 12:18:07 am

You could extend the clip head temporarily, set the keyframe and then roll the clip in point back to where it was. The keyframe will live out to the left in limbo but still be attached to the clip.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Aug 12, 2017 at 11:13:17 am

Are you dissolving into the shot you want moving? Or a simple cut. What I usually do is show the video animation (control-V), double click on the transform "track", if you will, and then grab the keyframe and slide it to the head of the clip. Then the motion is starting under the dissolve at the start of the clip. You can choose all or individual transform tools to adjust by using the drop-down menu on the transform track.

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Aug 13, 2017 at 11:21:14 am

Mostly I want to do the opposite of what you're doing, having it hold at the beginning and end of the shot. Which is why I made my own Pan and Zoom plug-in. It's an effect you drop on a photo or video in the timeline.

Brett's Pan and Zoom

But you can accomplish what you want with this by making the Position Ease parameter "0". It won't extend the begin and end points past the length of the clip, but it will be moving at full-speed when you cut or fade to it.

To use this properly you need to set Spatial Conform to "Fill" first if the photo is not a 16x9 orientation.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]