FORUMS: list search recent posts

1-Duplicate items in timeline, a hack. 2-Chapter markers limitations

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim Arthur
1-Duplicate items in timeline, a hack. 2-Chapter markers limitations
on Aug 4, 2017 at 9:33:55 pm

Hey everyone... looked around last week for a solution on how to find duplicate items in my timeline. I can see them in the index pane IF I know to enter the duplicate item name, but if I don't know where the dups are.... So, seeing that this is function not carried over from legacy FCP yet, here's a hack.... export the entire timeline to xml (menu bar: file>export to xml). Right click to load that result file into excel or your favorite spreadsheet. Sort on col A. Cut out all rows not having ASSET. Visually inspect. I wrote a simple macro to compare each row to it's subsequent row and that created a value of 0 or 1... easy to sort again and find just the dups. Obviously, I'm skipping alot of details here but you get the idea.

Now, onto my next stumper. Most of my films now are fine with just the 1080p file, but I'm making a product for someone and they need DVD. I created chapter markers, made my title, BUT when I share to DVD it produces only the first 7 or so. I have around twice that many short chapters. The DVD has an up down scroll but it doesn't show them all. Any ideas? I am certain my chapter markers are all proper... the last set are created just like the first set. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]