FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X IMPORT does not recognize RAID Drive Files & Folders. Only see one directory and displays CLIP #1, # 2, #3 etc.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Rabin
FCP X IMPORT does not recognize RAID Drive Files & Folders. Only see one directory and displays CLIP #1, # 2, #3 etc.
on Jul 30, 2017 at 5:19:40 am

So it use to see the File and folder structure just fine but for some reason it only points at a specific folder and renames the files in that folder with CLIP # and increments this name for each file ending in Clip # 21??

All other RAID drives work fine.

Stumped and I believe this happened during an upgrade of FCP X.

I have attached screenshots that show the Finder view vs. the FCP Import view of same RAID Drive.

Any suggestions FCP X gurus??

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
Re: FCP X IMPORT does not recognize RAID Drive Files & Folders. Only see one directory and displays CLIP #1, # 2, #3 etc.
on Jul 30, 2017 at 9:29:59 am

You're not really helping yourself much here.
What OS and version are you running?, what versions were you running?

There's was an update a few years age which changed how my FS100 AVCHD footage was named on import. It now shows as Clip#1 Clip#2 etc.

FS100, EX1, GoPro, 2x Hacks, FCPX etc

Return to posts index

Harry Rabin
Re: FCP X IMPORT does not recognize RAID Drive Files & Folders. Only see one directory and displays CLIP #1, # 2, #3 etc.
on Jul 30, 2017 at 1:42:20 pm

I am running version 10.2.3, Mac OS X SIERRA 10.12.3
The Screen Shots:
FINDER VIEW of RAID DRIVE:

FCP X ver 10.2.3 view of RAID DRIVE

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
on Jul 30, 2017 at 4:03:32 pm

10.2.3 is quite possibly the culprit. The clips look perfectly normal to me as the associated timecode is continuously increasing. Can I assume it's AVCHD footage?

FS100, EX1, GoPro, 2x Hacks, FCPX etc

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 31, 2017 at 5:34:24 am

I believe it's seeing your drive as a camera/card because you have a raw card structure at the root of the drive. THe folder named "private" perhaps?

If that's the case you need to put that in a directory and it will once again see it as a drive, not a card.

Return to posts index

Harry Rabin
on Jul 31, 2017 at 6:42:44 am

You were 100% correct. THANK YOU THANK YOU! It was the classic drag it from the memory card to a folder and it missed and went to the root directory. Learn something new everyday! I owe you one!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]