FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove the name extension when exporting from FCPX bundle?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Vannelli
Remove the name extension when exporting from FCPX bundle?
on Jul 26, 2017 at 7:48:21 pm

I have created a "bundle" for exporting in FCPX. One export setting in the bundle is the default "Master File" export and the other is an MP4 export setting I created in Compressor.

When I export the video files separately (meaning, I export one, wait for it to finish, then export it again by choosing the other setting) the files export with no name extension on the end. For this example, my file name is "Commercial Video - Go Rich." When I export them separately, they exported files come out at "Commercial Video - Go Rich.mov" and "Commercial Video - Go Rich.mp4."

However, I am trying to speed up the process a bit by wanting to bundle the 2 settings in one by going into the export destinations, creating a "bundle" and placing the 2 settings inside. But, when I try to export using the bundle, it exports the files with an extra name extension on the end as what the setting was called. So, when I export the file, it will export with the name "Commercial Video - Go Rich - Master File.mov" and "Commercial Video - Go Rich - MP4.mp4."

Because I am wanting to bundle the export settings to save time, it's counterintuitive to export them if it adds those name extensions on the end, because then I just have to rename them.

Is there a way to make it so when I create a bundle, it doesn't add the extra name extension to the end, like it does when you export them separately?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Remove the name extension when exporting from FCPX bundle?
on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:24:56 pm

Not sure what the issue is? Are the extensions incorrect?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Mike Vannelli
on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:28:50 pm

I can change the file name in the export module before you send it off, but if you are using a bundle export, it adds text to the end of the file name (that was not in the file name in the export module). So, when I export the file, if the name of the export settings within the bundle is "Master File" and "MP4," it will export with the names "Commercial Video - Go Rich - Master File.mov" and "Commercial Video - Go Rich - MP4.mp4."

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jul 27, 2017 at 12:53:50 am

I guess it's allowing for the fact you could export the project to three different .mov files as a bundle and they'd all have to have different names so it appends the preset name to the file.

Don't know of any way around it though.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Jul 27, 2017 at 1:16:06 pm

You could write an Automator application to strip out the preset names.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]