FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX scopes keep changing position

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Drobinski
FCPX scopes keep changing position
on Jul 24, 2017 at 11:33:48 pm

Hi, this has recently started happening, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this:

I have my scopes set up in one of the FCPX scope display arrangements of two small windows above a larger window. In the small windows I have a vectorscope and an RGB parade waveform. In the larger window below I have a luma waveform.

As usual, when you edit a clip in the timeline, the scopes are momentarily replaced by the second viewing window, to allow you to see in and out points of the edit. But now, when I finish the adjustment and the scopes return, they are reset with the vectorscope in the large window and the luma waveform in one of the small ones.

This may not be that big a deal, but it's annoying to have to keep resetting the display so that it shows the scopes where I want them. This has only started happening in the last week or so, and I'm at a loss to understand why!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: FCPX scopes keep changing position
on Jul 25, 2017 at 11:22:47 pm

Can't say I've seen it happen on any of the machines I have here. Have you tried trashing the FCPX preferences?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Peter Drobinski
on Jul 26, 2017 at 5:51:12 am
Last Edited By Peter Drobinski on Jul 26, 2017 at 5:54:27 am

Thanks for the response, Jeff. I have to admit the schoolboy error in not trashing prefs! However, I've now done that and the problem persists. It seems to depend on the configuration of the scope display (e.g., 2 squares on top, rectangle below - that's where it happens for me). Changing to 3 rectangles also suffers from changing positions, but two rectangles seems to keep the scopes where I put them. Strange and mildly frustrating, but not the end of the world.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 26, 2017 at 6:09:31 am

I keep my scopes in exactly the same config and have been unable to recreate the issue on my system. Not have I ever heard of the issue before. Congrats you might be the first!

Return to posts index

Peter Drobinski
on Jul 26, 2017 at 9:08:07 am

Thank you Bret!

In case you'd like to see what the problem is, here's a link to a very short video demo:

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]