FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Media to Pegasus R8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Kaye-Carr
Import Media to Pegasus R8
on Jul 14, 2017 at 10:13:06 pm

I'm using a Promise Pegasus 2 R8 in RAID 5 w/FCPX v10.3.4. When I open the Import Media window, the Pegasus RAID appears under "Cameras" instead of "Devices". I don't know if that is part of my problem or not, but the issue is that it takes FOREVER (like days) for FCPX to read and load the clips on the RAID (about 240,000 of them). Doesn't FCPX build a catalog of the clips and then just read from that each time I open it, or does it have to re-read the files everytime it opens? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Import Media to Pegasus R8
on Jul 15, 2017 at 12:00:40 am

If it sees it as a camera card then check the root folder of the Pegasus. You've got other folders in there that make it look like a camera card to FCPX. Once that's fixed, try importing again and see if the speed has improved.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Josh Kaye-Carr
on Jul 15, 2017 at 10:25:22 pm

Excellent suggestion Jeff! I hadn't thought of that. I have a Pegasus R4 here in my home office suite and it appears correctly as a device in the import media window. It is my Pegasus R8 at work that is wonky. I just brought another RAID online at work and I will need to check where it shows up in the FCPX import media window. The sleuthing will continue next week. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

Josh Kaye-Carr
on Jul 18, 2017 at 7:45:58 pm

That was it Jeff!!

I found an AVCHD file whose package contents contained a BDMV collection and as soon as I moved it out of the root level directory and rebooted FCPX, the Peagsus RAID appeared under devices as it should and the import now works as expected. I've been struggling with this for quite a while and your tip was the deciding factor. Such a simple fix....but if you don't realize it, it can be quite a trial. Apple was of no help whatsoever. I should have gone to the Cow forum in the first place. Lesson learned!

Thanks again!!!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jul 18, 2017 at 9:45:11 pm

Glad I could help :-)

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved