FORUMS: list search recent posts

Improvement for video shot with auto exposure?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dunning
Improvement for video shot with auto exposure?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 5:46:54 pm

I've just received a clip of a subject keyed over a white background. It's only a couple minutes long, but unfortunately it was shot with auto-exposure, so as she gestures, etc., the exposure changes. Rather than kill myself with a million keyframes to adjust for each change, is there ANY way to automate/improve this? I'd be happy with "somewhat improved" and don't expect perfect. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Improvement for video shot with auto exposure?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 6:50:21 pm

I suggest charging per keyframe.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Improvement for video shot with auto exposure?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 7:44:36 pm

[Brian Dunning] "is there ANY way to automate/improve this? I'd be happy with "somewhat improved" and don't expect perfect. Thanks."

In some cases you can use Digital Anarchy's Flicker Free to improve this. I have used it on drone videos which have step-like exposure fluctuations and it helped considerably: https://www.digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/main.html

OTOH I had an interview case similar to yours and it was less useful there -- I ended up keyframing the whole thing by hand. I think Digital Anarchy has a demo version so you could try it. Be advised it is very compute-intensive and takes a while to run, plus there are various tuning parameters so you often end up running it multiple times to adjust it optimally.

This video describes how to use the After Effects color stabilizer to fix or improve this type of problem:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]