FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxies Missing, Cannot Transcode Optimized After Copying Library and Files to Larger Raid Array

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheldon Charron
Proxies Missing, Cannot Transcode Optimized After Copying Library and Files to Larger Raid Array
on Jul 1, 2017 at 7:01:04 am

First let me say hello to everyone. I'm an actor, writer, indie filmmaker and producer out of LA.

I bought a new 24TB Raid Array and copied my library and media to the new array after moving to 4k mid project. I was out of room on the first raid array, so I had a bunch of transcoding after copying it over. All the 1080p was transcoded to ProRes already, but since I was going to use proxy for the 4K interviews, I decided to transcode all the 1080p to proxy as well. That's when all hell broke loose. I have a variety of missing proxy files, some of the optimized media is missing, and FCPX will not let me transcode again to relink proxy or create the optimized media either. I can select the check boxes, but when I apply, nothing happens in the background tasks window and the files are not relinked, nor are they created. Relink command does not work either. I REALLY could use some help here. Anyone willing to do a facetime or skype call to diagnose and walk me through it?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Proxies Missing, Cannot Transcode Optimized After Copying Library and Files to Larger Raid Array
on Jul 2, 2017 at 4:17:24 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Garchow on Jul 2, 2017 at 4:17:48 pm

Use FCPX to do the transfer/copy, not the Finder.

When you use FCPX, it asks if you'd like to transfer optimized and proxy.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Proxies Missing, Cannot Transcode Optimized After Copying Library and Files to Larger Raid Array
on Jul 4, 2017 at 9:08:08 am

This problem was resolved by renaming the new RAID volume name to the original name. When using external non-managed media combined with external proxies and moving content to a new volume name, FCPX relink does not work reliably. The workaround is renaming the new volume name to the old name. This entire area needs to be improved, including specific UI management of external proxies to fully support a proxy-only workflow. A somewhat cumbersome workaround is described in Ripple Training's 10.3 Media Management tutorial.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]