How to use Automator: to replace text in FCPX project files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Lowers
How to use Automator: to replace text in FCPX project files
on Jun 21, 2017 at 6:44:26 am
Last Edited By Jacob Lowers on Jun 21, 2017 at 7:18:56 am

Good Morning Everyone,

I create the daily stock indicators. So everyday I get a Bloomberg report and I change the numbers and arrows.

Is there a way to use automator (or some script thingy) to automatically replace the old numbers with the new ones. Than change the arrows to what it says from the Bloomberg report? In regards to the arrows on the Bloomberg report, they are represented in numerical value. ie. anything 0.1 and above is positive, 0.0 it's no change and -0.1 and above is negative.

I have to do 4 different version of this everyday on top of many other edits that need more of my time.

I hope you can help.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: How to use Automator: to replace text in FCPX project files
on Jun 21, 2017 at 2:32:42 pm

I don't know of a way to directly do this in X and most text within the app is not accessible to Automator. The way I would do it is build the charts in Numbers using feeds from live stock and then export screenshots of numbers into a folder that FCPX was already linking to. Then just open the project in X and the graphics will automatically update.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Jacob Lowers
Re: How to use Automator: to replace text in FCPX project files
on Jun 26, 2017 at 11:00:39 am

Noah I love the idea, but I think I could take it one step further. What about PowerPoint? Think about it. In PowerPoint you can set up so that it automatically changes the numbers. I'm sure their is a way to make it switch the arrows as well. Then what you do is export as Jpegs, then dump in Final Cut? Yes/No/Maybe? The finance guys here are going to help me with with PowerPoint making sure everything is correct. All and all this sounds like this will work? I was also thinking... When you export these jpegs you simply do an over ride of the previous jpegs so that Final Cut will just update the Jpegs in the timeline? I just wanted to ask you guys before I tried myself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]