FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio glitch across clip borders

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
audio glitch across clip borders
on Jun 14, 2017 at 3:05:11 pm

I shot a music performance and the audio glitches when the performance spans more than one clip. I don't recall this happening before.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: audio glitch across clip borders
on Jun 14, 2017 at 7:41:23 pm

Can you share a screenshot of the timeline at that point?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 14, 2017 at 8:56:17 pm

Hey Noah,

Interesting! Today when I tried loading both files afresh from the bin I got the same thing, but the first clip had a blank spot on the end. Tightening that up got rid of 99% of the glitch, but why was it there in the first place? When I clicked on the first file and moved to the edit point with both files supposedly pulled together when I dropped the second file in, I saw the blank space at the end of the first file. Moving my cursor there, the right end of the first file turned red until I pulled it left and then the blank space disappeared. Yesterday, even though I was zoomed in all the way, the waveforms showed no blank spot and the glitch was there. Wazzup? I did restart the machine today. This is a quad core running 10.7.5.

Oh, and one other thing. The files on my JVC HM-650 are a short string of increasing numbers ending with .mov. When I import them into FCP X, they show up in my bin with different numbers and no .mov. That makes it difficult to select the file I want. Is there a way to import the JVC file number so I can get right to it?

Thanks,

Ty

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 14, 2017 at 9:19:59 pm

Make sure you have JVC's latest plugin for the format and you're ingesting from a full card image and not just dragging raw files into X.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 14, 2017 at 9:37:26 pm

Noah,

well, hmmm. I've just been using the import button in FCP X. Are you referring to the JVC ProHD Log and Transfer Plugin.

JVC ProHD Log and Transfer Plugin (Version 1.0.3) is a software for loading MP4 format clips recorded using JVC GY-HM series camcorders or the KA-MR100 SxS recorder onto Apple's Final Cut Pro™ video editing software. This software is installed as a plugin for Log and Transfer on Final Cut Pro, which enables a recorded clip to be loaded to the clip bin while converting it to a QuickTime™ movie file at the same time.

or the ProHD Clip Manager v1.01.00 for the Mac (zip file)

or both?

Thanks,

Ty

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 14, 2017 at 11:30:40 pm

Depends on the format to be honest- I would suggest research the camera and see of there's an FCPX specific plugin.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 15, 2017 at 2:37:51 pm

OK,

For anyone following this thread. Here's some helpful text.

SUPPORTING SOFTWARE

JVC ProHD Clip Manager
ProHD Clip Manager for both Mac and Windows makes it easy to manage MP4 clips on the GY-HM650's memory cards from your computer. With a few clicks of the mouse you can copy, move or delete clips, preview clip content, as well as view and edit clip metadata. A thumbnail view of all the clips in the current folder shows the content of each clip at a glance. Use the viewer to watch the whole clip, or change the clip's index frame used for the thumbnail. You can also manage folders to keep your clips organized, and check the remaining free space on a card. The latest version of ProHD Clip Manager offers an even greater level of NLE compatibility by enabling MP4 files to be converted to m2t, widely supported by non-linear editing systems.

ProHD Log and Transfer Plug-in
ProHD Log and Transfer Plug-in is a plug-in for Apple's Final Cut Pro™ that lets you drop MP4 files recorded on the GY-HM650 into the clip bin. With the plug-in installed, you can view thumbnails of the MP4 files on a memory card from the Log and Transfer screen of Final Cut Pro™. Simply drag and drop the thumbnails into the bin to automatically convert the clips to QuickTime™, ready for use.

The above text is at the bottom of this link: http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/tech_desc.jsp?model_id=MDL102154&feature...

Regards,

Ty Ford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]