FORUMS: list search recent posts

Iso file from Wirecast is missing frames - how to split it in segments!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Nielsen
Iso file from Wirecast is missing frames - how to split it in segments!
on Jun 3, 2017 at 12:33:09 pm

Hi guys!

I hope you can help me here.

I streamed a concert I played the other night using wirecast, and saved it as ISO file using the ISO record function.
Result: I have a 50 gb .mov file of 45 minutes of concert.
I also recorded the audio using a recorder, and I have a WAV of the audio too.

The issue is this: Apperently my external HDD was too slow, and there's simply some frames missing in the iso file. When I line the two up in FCPX, it looks like this:

As you can see, the audio track and the ISO video+audio track gradually becomes desynchronized.

My plan now is this: I want to split the ISO file every time it's missing frames, and then synchronize the audio and video manually, so I at least have some video I can use.

The issue: It's very hard to see the frame skips by eye, exept when looking at the audio. I've tried to use Blackmagic Davinci Resolve to split it into clips, but it doesn't recognize any clip changes.

How the hell do I do this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Iso file from Wirecast is missing frames - how to split it in segments!
on Jun 3, 2017 at 9:40:07 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Kirkland on Jun 3, 2017 at 9:43:45 pm

I don't know of any automagic way to do what you need. I can't imagine any way for software to detect and compensate for randomly dropped frames. I think you're stuck doing it the old fashioned way - by ear and eye with the audio waveform.

I'd split the audio track and do speed changes as needed to line it up as best I can.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Iso file from Wirecast is missing frames - how to split it in segments!
on Jun 4, 2017 at 11:31:55 pm

Just. an after thought... I'm not an Adobe Audition user but I remember there being a function to align ADR with existing recordings by speeding up and slowing down sections of each track so they'd match - called automatic speech alignment or something like that.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]