FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macro blocks appearing in edited C100 footage in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Morris
Macro blocks appearing in edited C100 footage in FCPX
on May 30, 2017 at 5:21:48 am

In the last couple of projects while editing, here and there, there have appeared macro blocked frames (see attached frame export). No many, say 2 or 3 in an hour of footage. This is in the timeline itself and replicates in anything I export. It is absent in the original media, which is AVHD.

I'm wondering if this is the problem, although I don't understand precisely what happened: In both projects, I created synchronised clips from external audio wavs. Now correct me if I'm wrong; when you create a synchronised clip, the original audio and video source clips should still remain visible in the Event Browser (i.e., not just the sync clip). Well, in both projects at some point during editing Final Cut froze and I had to restart the program. At some point later I notice that I only have the synchronised clips showing in the event browser. Has Final Cut somehow lost track of the original media and the symptom of that is this macro blocking? Can this be fixed?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Macro blocks appearing in edited C100 footage in FCPX
on May 30, 2017 at 5:38:10 am

Reimport the media from the cards. This is why you want to back up cards before ingesting

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Terence Morris
on May 30, 2017 at 6:02:11 am

Thanks, Noah. Fortunately, I still have the original footage on the SD card. Good advice regarding backing up, now I see why. I'll give this a go tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Terence Morris
on May 30, 2017 at 6:52:31 am

Well, I couldn't wait so did that this evening. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. The event plays perfectly, but what's in the timeline still has the issue.

However, I think I've been barking up the wrong tree entirely. The problem is actually to do with an adjustment layer that I used to colour balance (the trick where you use a blank title generator). When I inactivate that, the footage plays fine. Hmm. I'm not sure if anyone has reported the same issue with this. I like to use adjustment layers as it is more convenient to make global changes with multiple clips and I'm an incorrigible tweaker. May have to rethink my workflow.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 30, 2017 at 5:21:25 pm

Possibly a bug in FCPX if so.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved