FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Zoom Effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Berndt
Video Zoom Effect
on May 14, 2017 at 1:35:10 am

I'm working on a sizzle reel for a client and she pointed me to this video as an example she likes.

Question...what is the name of the effect that they used at :05 of the video (where the camera appears to be zooming in on the speaker while the background seems to stay static)? How do you achieve this look? I work in Final Cut Pro and have Motion and After Effects at my disposal (though I don't have a lot of experience with either of those motion graphics tools). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Derek

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
Re: Video Zoom Effect
on May 14, 2017 at 8:31:54 am

Take a still image into Motion, copy it onto two layers,
Mask around the person on the top layer.
Move the two layer around.

It's basically that simple.
The trick is to start the animation with the 'person layer' sized up slightly...
This covers up the same image of the person on the layer below, then as you move it you won't see a double image.

FS100, EX1, GoPro, 2x Hacks, FCPX etc

Return to posts index

Derek Berndt
on May 15, 2017 at 1:22:38 am

Duncan,

Thank you for the steps. I'll give it a try.

Best,
Derek

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 15, 2017 at 2:00:25 am

If you want to get that parallax effect, move the background image further back in 3D space in Motion and then resize it so that it looks the same size as it was. Then use a Camera to compose the scene and add a slight pan or rotation and it really makes the image stand out because the background will be panning slower than the foreground image (i.e., parallax).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]