FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature Request: Keywords

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Feature Request: Keywords
on May 13, 2017 at 7:43:09 pm

As much as I love organizing in Final Cut Pro X there has to be a better way to use keywords. I am hoping that in a next update they will allow for keyword libraries. Each library can contain its own set of keywords. This way there is no need to delete the current set to add new keywords. I am currently using Kyno to tag footage with keywords followed by exporting out an XML that is later imported into Final Cut. Any suggestions for a more ideal and efficient tagging workflow is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: Feature Request: Keywords
on May 13, 2017 at 11:43:45 pm

I have long thought that something like saved keyword libraries or sets of 10 keywords for specific parts of projects would be a no brainer. So one could have a set for "the Fiji search" where names of people or location would be different from "Oxford Archive"which are parts of the same project. Something like this sure would help in my section of the editing world.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on May 14, 2017 at 12:27:56 am

I completely agree with you. I just sent Apple some feedback and sincerely hope they will implement that feature. Of course it is possible to add folders and store keywords in there. It just seems counterintuitive dragging a clip to the keyword. Not sure why Apple has not considered this earlier. Would be really nice to create your keywords first then batch tag clips later.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 14, 2017 at 2:18:36 pm

I as well hope they take the suggestion about keyword sets. I can imagine these sets being library specific and moveable between libraries. For projects like episodic TV one should even be able to create a master keyword template for a show and distribute to all editors involved so everyone is on the same page.

My problem is I have a Doc project that spans decades, with numerous locations, different sets of characters and keeping keyword consistency has been elusive at times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]