FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Audio issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
P2 Audio issues
on May 5, 2017 at 6:01:08 pm

I 'm working in 10.3.3 on a project that involves some P2 Clips from 2007 originally shot on an HVX 200. THe clips import normally but there is an odd situation where once a clip is in the timeline the audio- video behave as if they are separate items, so i f I need to extend or shorten one end of a clip the audio does not follow when I drag the video. I have not broken apart or detached audio from video and of course audio was recorded in camera when the material was shot, so it should all be connected.

1) - has anyone come across this behavior before

2) - is there a way to fix it ?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 Audio issues
on May 5, 2017 at 7:08:58 pm

Screenshot please? Also have you updated all Panasonic codec/ingest plugins? P2 is a dying breed.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 5, 2017 at 10:30:50 pm

Agreed about P2 , especially the old stuff, unfortunately it is what it is, this is archival material that won't change. I suppose I could transcode all of it to pro res but that would be an enormous pain, which if I have to go thru, I will eventually.

Here is screen shot 1, clip in timeline

Here is the second screen shot with the video trimmed back without expanding audio components.

And just to be thorough, this is the clip in the browser

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 6, 2017 at 3:13:43 pm

Looks like you have show audio lanes turned on in the roles portion or the timeline index, separating the audio and video (they're clearly separated) similar to expanding audio. It's just not so obvious with one layer.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 6, 2017 at 3:58:23 pm

Bada Bing. Thanks Bret. Just starting out on this string out and I'm not sure how I got roles turned on, but turning them off put me right where i want to be- for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]