FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK to downgrade back to 10.3.2 by copying the .app from disk image?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
OK to downgrade back to 10.3.2 by copying the .app from disk image?
on May 3, 2017 at 8:03:02 pm

This is the 3rd time in which 10.3.3 is very buggy - especially when it comes to multicam. It would turn to all black when opened back in 10.3.1 & 10.3.2. Plus other bugs that are just not suitable for important productions.

Is it OK to simply copy back the 10.3.2 (from disk image backup) on a 10.3.3 upgraded Mac system? I also made a huge mistake in upgrading Compressor 4.3.2 and Motion w/ out making a backup disk image on my Mac Book Pro. it's causing so much problems now and got to get back to 10.3.2.

Any other ways to re download 10.3.2 from Apple?

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
Re: OK to downgrade back to 10.3.2 by copying the .app from disk image?
on May 3, 2017 at 9:10:16 pm

It worked so far (deleted all FCP 10.3.3, Compressor, Motion) and recopied the 10.3.2 along w/ anything before Apr. 13, 2017 update. No more black multi angle clips and other odd bugs. Everything is working as it should. Thanks goodness. Close call on this. Spent 2 weeks cutting all the cam angles and audio tracks.

Lesson learned here is that you can never be too complacent. Arguably 10.3.3 is FCP X's buggiest release to date. I would not recommend for anybody else to update when in a real production environment. It'll be a very costly upgrade because of the bugs caused.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: OK to downgrade back to 10.3.2 by copying the .app from disk image?
on May 4, 2017 at 12:05:26 am

YMMV- working a charm for me...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]