FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Change 17 Views into 2 Views in a Multicam Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
How to Change 17 Views into 2 Views in a Multicam Clip
on May 3, 2017 at 12:30:34 am

I shot a wedding with 2 cameras. 2nd camera was roaming so it was turned on and off during the ceremony. When I create a Multicam Clip, I end up with 17 Views. Is there a way all of the 2nd cameras shots be combined into one View? The View windows are small and hard to really see even on my 27” iMac screen.

Thanks for any tips or feedback.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
Re: How to Change 17 Views into 2 Views in a Multicam Clip
on May 3, 2017 at 1:29:06 am

I'd bulk select all of the clips and name it as "B" cam (or whatever name you want) under the info tab Camera Name metadata field. It should all line up nicely in a single angle vs 17 different angles.

Recently w/ 10.3.3, it would behave very odd even specifically adding Camera Name to "B". It would add another 3rd angle somewhere at the bottom. But no where beyond 3 at max.

I edit lots of multicam clips (12-16 cams) and FCP 10.3.3 has gotten more buggier than 10.3.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 3, 2017 at 1:29:24 am

How are you synchronizing the angles- automatically or by angle/audio/timecode?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on May 3, 2017 at 3:09:56 am

I select all the clips for camA and camB and create a new Multicam Clip and use audio for syncing. The Angles are all set to Automatic.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on May 3, 2017 at 2:12:23 pm
Last Edited By Doug Metz on May 3, 2017 at 2:14:10 pm

[Ken Bennett] "I select all the clips for camA and camB and create a new Multicam Clip and use audio for syncing. The Angles are all set to Automatic."

Step 1: Delete your current Multicam clips
Step 2: Select all the source clips for camA in the browser. Open the 'Info' tab in the inspector and change the metadata view to either General or Extended. Fill in the 'Camera Angle' field (camA). Next, select all of your camB clips in the browser, and set the Camera Angle field to camB. If you have sync audio (from another stand-alone audio recorder), do the same for those clips.
Step 3: Create new Multicam clips. Presto!

Setting the angles beforehand lets FCPX know that all of those related clips belong on the same 'track'.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on May 5, 2017 at 7:17:57 pm

Thanks Doug, that makes life easier.

However, on my camA, where I have my 2 main audio sources, I can't break them apart with Expand Audio Components in the Multicam view. That option is ghosted out. I have re-set the audio to Dual Mono in the Inspector, and I can turn off audio1 or audio 2. But I need total control of my audio which have have had in the past. Why is Expand Audio Components ghosted out in this case?

???

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]