FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get Audio Keyframes Linear as Opposed to S-curve

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
How to get Audio Keyframes Linear as Opposed to S-curve
on May 2, 2017 at 8:49:29 am

Hi,

I'm working with audio clips in FCPX where I set maybe 6 audio keyframes on the clip. The audio keyframes seem to be by default set to create a S-curve when you move the audio keyframe to bring volume up or down. I want to be able to set my 6 audio keyframes, and bring volume up and down with straight linear lines connecting them. Anybody know how to do this? (The opening fade in of a clip has a linear vs s-curve setting, and the closing fade of an audio clip does to, but if you have keyframes in between those, it seems hard to get linear. Any ideas?)

Bonus question - anyone know how to get FCPX to let you move Keyframe up and down, as well as left and right without unclicking and reclicking?...seems FCPX only wants you either going up/down...or left/right at any one moment. Glad to be off Premiere, but Premiere had these issues down simple and easy.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: How to get Audio Keyframes Linear as Opposed to S-curve
on May 2, 2017 at 2:38:11 pm

Control click on the audio transition whch will display 4 possible curve options, linear among them .

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
on May 2, 2017 at 3:26:56 pm

The control click works well for the the fade handle keyframe that is at the very beginning and end of the clips, but when I add any keyframe in between them, hitting control click just pulls up option to "delete keyframe". Any idea of how to work with audio keyframes I add in the middle of the clip to make them linear?

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
on May 2, 2017 at 3:47:14 pm

A little more digging has revealed what seems to be an odd choice by Apple. They say on one of their support pages that "You can change the curve shape between keyframes for video effects only. For audio volume only, you can change the curve shape for fades created using fade handles, but not keyframes". (See very end of this doc/link https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12629?locale=en_US).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]