FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transitions on 10.3.3 in 4K

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo Ferraro
Transitions on 10.3.3 in 4K
on May 1, 2017 at 12:18:52 am

Trying to produce Video Decor samples in 4K and the old dependable Control-T shortcut does not work, sends the very same message:
"There is not enough extra media beyond clip edges to create the transition"
but does nothing pressing click, tried to apply ANY transition and it comes out with the same warn.
Is there a new trick for that simple action?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Transitions on 10.3.3 in 4K
on May 1, 2017 at 11:35:39 am

Did you trim off the ends of your clips so that there is clip media beyond the edges?

Return to posts index

Carlo Ferraro
on May 1, 2017 at 8:29:58 pm

Of course I did when it didn't automatically as usua....

Return to posts index

Ethan Becker
on Jul 25, 2017 at 1:15:03 am

I have the same problem. anyone have a fix for this? I've tried all I know. Yes, I've trimmed the ends of the clips. It's strange. I also tried opening a new project, trimming 2 clips, dragging them both into the timeline, they are both in the primary storyline. When I drag a transition, I get teh same message about "There is not enough extra media beyond clip edges to create the transition."

If I trim the clips, no luck. If I let it trim the clips, no luck. I've tried most of the transitions with the same results.

Anyone have ideas on how to fix this? It's strange. In the past, I was able to be able to work around it with something like "Black Hole" and then once it worked, I could change it to dissolve. But, there has to be a better way.

Thanks!
Ethan-

Return to posts index

Ethan Becker
Re: Transitions on 10.3.3 in 4K - Solved
on Jul 25, 2017 at 1:45:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I followed these instructions to remove FCPX
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202412

Then I reinstalled from the App Store, and openned my library... Bam... Works as advertised... Something must have become corrupted.

I hope this helps someone else
Best,
Ethan-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]