FORUMS: list search recent posts

marking/noting specific points in an import window filmstrip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Fass
marking/noting specific points in an import window filmstrip
on Apr 28, 2017 at 6:20:31 pm

I'd like to keep track of several specific places on the filmstrip in the media import window. Markers don't seem to be available, and I don't find any timecode to use. When I drag over the start/end of my selection, I even lose the playhead location.

So far I'm just finding small visual elements within the frames that correspond to the places I want to find later. Is there a better way? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: marking/noting specific points in an import window filmstrip
on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:52:41 pm

Marking ranges, adding markers, and keywords, etc is done in the Browser window. While you can select ranges of media to import within the Import window, it's a feature that's not always available depending on the media you're bringing in. Even then, you still have to do all of your metadata tagging in the Browser window.

Or have i missed what you're trying to do?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: marking/noting specific points in an import window filmstrip
on Apr 29, 2017 at 4:40:17 pm

In the import window you can grab sections of clips I/O your first selection and then CMD -drag secondary selections. You can then tag them in the browser as desired. If you are importing .mov's - say quicktime movies created when after capturing from tape, you won't be able to grab sections unless you use Andreas Kiels little app called cam card which will make a quicktime .mov appear like a camera card to FCPX , and then you can grab desired sections of the QT movie same as if it were file based media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]