FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to revert back to FCP 10.2.3?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cooke
Is it possible to revert back to FCP 10.2.3?
on Apr 24, 2017 at 8:59:02 pm

In addition to FCP X virtually locking up when "click/dragging on a transition-or typing in your new duration, FXP X 10.3.3 now has another "bug". It is not "keying" alpha channels from a clip produced in After Effects, sent as an animation codec. In a previous post, I have tried 2 of the 4 possible "fixes" to the "transition problem"- that was on the apple support forum site without success. Hence, if it is possible, does anyone know if you can REVERT back to a previous
update of FCP X- like 10.2.3? I fear that the answers I will find will be no.
Thanks,

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Is it possible to revert back to FCP 10.2.3?
on Apr 24, 2017 at 9:32:49 pm

The Libraries that you've opened with the new version have been converted, so even if you had a copy of the old version in backup somewhere, I don't think you'd be able to use them. Admittedly, I haven't tried.

Maybe we can help resolve the other issues so you don't have to revert...

I haven't experienced the locking up issue, so I'll come back to that. I've imported plenty of Animation codec stuff from AE - In my case, when alpha wasn't recognized it was one of two things: artist didn't specify Millions+ (accidentally a few times) on export, or I needed to change the alpha handling for the clip in the inspector. Ideally, change this setting on the master clip in the browser so you don't have to change it all over the timeline after the fact.

I did experience a few oddities immediately following the update, but after I trashed preferences and restarted the machine, things settled down substantially.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
on Apr 25, 2017 at 2:06:57 pm

It was a huge mistake to upgrade to 10.3.3. This is FCP's buggiest release on record. So far all of 10.3.# libraries are fully compatible. But who knows. There may be some other hidden bugs as well. I was able to use 10.3.3 library to the first ever 10.3 back in Fall 2016 via disk image restore. I'd not rely on this and reexport the 10.3.3 back via XML and reimport anything earlier 10.3.2 just to be 100% safe.

Return to posts index

David Cooke
on Apr 25, 2017 at 2:13:23 pm

Thanks Doug. I will "trash" the preferences later today and see if that helps. Spoke with the artist who said they did export with "Millions of Colors +". So my colleague ended up keying that in our old FCP 7 system (worked perfectly)
over chroma green for the FCP X system and exported to me as animation-it worked. Sent both of these to apple, but
haven't seen a response yet.

D's Video

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 25, 2017 at 3:46:35 pm

[David Cooke] "Spoke with the artist who said they did export with "Millions of Colors +". So my colleague ended up keying that in our old FCP 7 system (worked perfectly) over chroma green for the FCP X system and exported to me as animation-it worked."

Well, now I'm curious. Do you have a sample of the original Animation export (pre-FCP7) that you'd be comfortable posting?

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]