FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X to After Effects Workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richi Chillt
Final Cut Pro X to After Effects Workflow
on Apr 21, 2017 at 11:21:34 am

Everybody is saying FinalCutPro to Motion5 is like PremierePro to AfterEffects. But its a fact that AfterEffects is more powerful than Motion5. So since I love the simplicity of FinalCutProX as my Cutter, for me the perfect solution would be using FinalCutProX together with AfterEffects.

Now does that make sense or would you better not do it like this? If yes, how is your workflow to not loosing any quality of the clip by exporting to AfterEffects, editing there and exporting back to FinalCutProX?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Final Cut Pro X to After Effects Workflow
on Apr 21, 2017 at 5:32:42 pm

It depends on what kinds of things you're doing in AE... yes, PPr to AE round-tripping is nice, but you can build your own plugins for FCPX in Motion - titles, effects, transitions, and generators.

Really groovy stuff that could maybe prevent the round trip in the first place.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Final Cut Pro X to After Effects Workflow
on Apr 21, 2017 at 9:23:03 pm

Given the state of the art these days, losing one or two generations to rending then using AE and rendering back isn't that big deal. If you can tell the difference with anything other than extreme pixel,peeping then your eyes are much better than mine.

Automatic Duck have XimportAE that lets you transfer FCPX timeline to AE via XML if you want to save a generation or two and if the recent news that Wes Plate from Automatic Duck is now working for Apple is true, then it's not unreasonable to think that he might be working some of that import/export magic into future versions of FCPX.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]