FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Clip Timecode issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hadley
Multicam Clip Timecode issue
on Apr 13, 2017 at 2:59:03 am

Hey folks.

So working with a two camera multicam clips. Cam A had sync timecode; Cam B has an irrelevant timecode--i.e., continuous but not the same as Cam A.

Working with client notes that reference Cam A timecode.

Problem is, the generated Multicam clips all have Cam B timecode, which don't match client notes. Any way I can change the preference of which timecode the Multicam clips reference? Cam A is the top clip, and also selected in the viewer. Would think that would naturally mean that the Multicam clip would reference it.

Can't seem to find a way around this--and of course bad luck that FCPX chose the wrong time code source. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multicam Clip Timecode issue
on Apr 13, 2017 at 4:38:04 am

Try making a new multicam clip with only the clip with the 'right' timecode, then add the other into the Angle Editor. Failing that, use the Timecode Generator filter and offset to match the tc you want.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 13, 2017 at 3:22:09 pm

I have worked around this problem by removing the Timecode effect from the Multicam container, opening the master Multicam clip from the browser, then in the angle editor, apply the Timecode effect directly to the angle you want. When you're done with the rough, go back into the master clip and either delete the effect or simply toggle it off.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Apr 13, 2017 at 3:36:02 pm

Thanks, Doug. Awesome, elegant solution!!

That said, don't you think we should be able to specify which clip/angle in a multicam the timecode reader/generator takes it's marching orders from?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 13, 2017 at 3:37:03 pm

[Michael Hadley] "That said, don't you think we should be able to specify which clip/angle in a multicam the timecode reader/generator takes it's marching orders from? "

YES! That would be nice. I've sent feedback.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Apr 13, 2017 at 3:36:52 pm

Yes, makes sense. A solid workaround. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]