FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing a project after making changes does not replace original file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hughes
Sharing a project after making changes does not replace original file
on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:11:17 pm

This has been happening to me with several versions on several systems. I share my project to a quicktime file. Then I make changes to the project and share a new file, replacing the original. Rather than writing a new file with the recent changes made, it simply makes a copy of the original file. I can always tell right away when this happens because the write time takes less than a second. There are obviously plenty of work-arounds to this, but can anyone explain why this is happening? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? This tends to only happen if I'm writing to the exact same original file (same name, format, and folder location) though it has happened when writing to a new location as well.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Sharing a project after making changes does not replace original file
on Apr 11, 2017 at 6:49:07 pm

I've never had this happen - when I choose to export a project with the same name in the same location, it always overwrites. The only case I can think of is if you choose a different output format, in which case the extension may be different.

What format are you sharing?

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Apr 12, 2017 at 8:51:56 am

same here, but I recognized this just yesterday,...

I rendern out a master (ProRes Mov), edit changes, rerender a file with the same name, accept overwrite, then the render starts, after a second it shows render completed - but it is still the old file - very strange!!

Return to posts index

Ryan Hughes
on Apr 14, 2017 at 7:02:28 pm

That's exactly what is happening to me. All different formats, .mp4, h.264, prores, etc. This doesn't always happen, but it has been happening fairly often going back a few versions. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]