FORUMS: list search recent posts

keywords saving

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Sherman
keywords saving
on Apr 5, 2017 at 1:40:27 pm
Last Edited By Roger Sherman on Apr 5, 2017 at 1:54:06 pm

I'm new to FCP-X. Using keywords I find that if I type a letter and pause for a millisecond, it saves that letter or half a word as a key word. EG, I have "b-roll" as keyword. If I type "B" and pause "B" will become a keyword. I have to go in frequently and delete those unintentional keywords.

Or, it autofills a different keyword from the one I'm entering. It doesn't wait for me to press enter to create a new keyword or finish the one that already exists.

Any way to slow down or change the speed in preferences? I see nothing there nor anything in forums search.

It also distinguishes capital letters from lower case. So if "Boston" is a keyword and I type "boston" w/lower case "b", I'll get two keywords. Can't find specific keyword preferences.

Very frustrating.
thanks,
Roger

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: keywords saving
on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:52:19 am

How are you creating keywords? I've never seen that. I create keyword collections by right clicking on the event and choosing new keyword collection. I type a letter and it just sits and waits. Doesn't create a keyword collection no matter how long I pause.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]