FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with MFX import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton Antokhin
Issue with MFX import
on Apr 5, 2017 at 8:46:56 am
Last Edited By Anton Antokhin on Apr 5, 2017 at 9:13:41 am

I'm having a strange issue with MXF imports I've never seen before. Hoping there's an easy/obvious answer. All the MXF footage was shot correctly as SLOG on Sony FS5, but when imported into FCPX looks overblown and yellow. It's as if some weird LUT was applied. Second camera on the shoot that day was Sony A7S and that footage is coming in correctly as flat-looking SLOG.

Additional note: I've imported the footage as a camera archive, with the original camera card copied to the hard drive as-is, then into FCPX. When I look into the "Final Cut Original Media" folder, all the .MXF clips that's been converted to .MOV are looking flat and fine. But in the FCPX they are blown out for some reason. I am stumped as to why this is happening.

Screenshot included.

Thanks for any help!
Anton

PS: Final bit of info that may be relevant: the correct-looking flat image is imported, but only as a still frame, alongside the video clip (for example with the screenshot below, there's Clip0001T01, which is a correct-looking still and Clip0001, which is overblown video). Is this some kind of a confusion on part of FCPX as to what's a preview and what's actual footage in the camera data structure? If so, how to fix?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Issue with MFX import
on Apr 5, 2017 at 12:48:31 pm

Keep scrolling down in the inspector until you find the "Log Processing" tab and change the tab to "none". This will remove any color transforms.

Return to posts index

Anton Antokhin
Re: Issue with MFX import
on Apr 5, 2017 at 2:44:23 pm

That was it - had to switch inspector to Settings view, which revealed Log Processing.

Then change that one from Sony SLOG 3 to None.

MANY THANKS!

Anton

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]