FORUMS: list search recent posts

Brand New Book: "Final Cut Pro 10.3 - How it Works"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edgar Rothermich
Brand New Book: "Final Cut Pro 10.3 - How it Works"
on Mar 31, 2017 at 10:52:19 pm

I just released the first comprehensive book for the new Final Cut Pro X version 10.3 in my Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM) series:
"Final Cut Pro 10.3 - How it Works"

The book is available as a pdf download from my website and as printed book on Amazon. The interactive multi-touch iBook will hopefully be available in May.
http://dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/FCPx10_3.html

Unlike my previous two best-selling books for Final Cut Pro X ("Final Cut Pro X - How it Works" and "Final Cut Pro X - The Details") that functioned as part 1 and part 2, this new book, "Final Cut Pro 10.3 - How it Works", covers the entire content of Final Cut Pro X.

On 443 pages, I explain the new version of Final Cut Pro X 10.3 in great details with lots of unique graphics and diagrams including in-depth explanations of all the new features like Roles and Lanes, plus unique illustrations on how metadata-based audio works in Final Cut Pro. With easy to understand signal flow diagrams, I show how to mix audio in a FCPx Project and demonstrate for the first time the underlying concepts of Audio Components, Role Components, Mix-Down, plus the utilization of Compound Clips for sub-mixing audio. I also show the complete Touch Bar functionality and integration and how to use it even without a new MacBook Pros ... and much much more.

Here are a screenshots of a few diagrams that I use to demonstrate the audio signal flow.

On this diagram I show that the Roles and Subroles act as audio busses. By choosing a Subrole, you technically determine the routing of the audio signal for each individual Audio Component in a Clip

This diagram shows the same underlying audio busses (Roles), but now I show a Clip as a model (based on the Channel Strip Configuration) that contains actual Channel Strips with the individual modules as the controls on those Channel Strips in the correct order of the signal flow and not the (incorrect) order they are appear in the Inspector.

This diagram shows the model of three Clips represented by controls and position on Channel Strips. This is where it gets really interesting especially when you apply Effects on the Clip.

This whole metadata-based audio mixing in Final Cut Pro X is really powerful, but it is also very complex. I hope I can help with my illustrations and diagrams to show what is actually happening to the audio signal to better understand and control the signal. When you use Compound Clips to create and submix Stems using Role Components, then it gets really deep, but the models I show in my book also work for those situations and make it really clear to understand the difference between Roles Components and Subrole Components.

These are just a few examples. I demonstrate all the functionality in FCPx with simple illustrations in my book that makes it easy to learn FCPx, and more importantly, understand how it works.
All the links are on my website with the Table of Contents and more screenshots
http://dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/FCPx10_3.html

PS: Anybody who has purchased the pdf file of any of my previous FCPx books should have received an email with link to a special promo code. If not, please email me GEM@DingDIngMusic.com

Edgar Rothermich
(MacPro 8core, 16GB RAM, Fireface800, Euphonix MC Control, Logic Pro, FCPx)
http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]