FORUMS: list search recent posts

Backup protocol

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
Backup protocol
on Mar 29, 2017 at 3:24:07 am

Hi all,

Quick question on backing up projects in FCPX. I'm working on a 2 hour film in FCPX. Maybe twice per session I do a Duplicate as Snapshot to backup the project. So now I have backup copies on the computer. However, I wanted to do a daily backup in case the computer and external hard drive fail. I have another extra 2nd hard drive that has all the footage on it as a backup. In order to be fully backed up, do I just need to copy the project file onto the 2nd hard drive? My thinking is that this 2nd hard drive now has everything I need to open the project - the footage and the project file. Am I correct in this?

Also, since I have the footage on a 3rd hard drive at a separate physical building, can I email myself the project file, and then assuming the building with computer, main hard drive, and 2nd hard drive burn down in a fire, will I be able to use the project file I emailed to myself, along with the footage on the 3rd drive at separate location to continue working on project where I left off?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
Re: Backup protocol
on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:20:52 pm

Hi Noah,

Would you say my backup protocol has me covered if I'm only backing up the project files and footage as I described?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
Re: Backup protocol
on Mar 30, 2017 at 2:06:22 am

Hi all,

To clarify my question - other than having my source media backed up on different hard drives, do I need to backup just the FCPX project file, or do I also need to backup the FCPX event and/or FCPX library that the project is in?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]