FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can events/projects corrupt?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristie Glennon
Can events/projects corrupt?
on Mar 27, 2017 at 2:39:58 pm

To my annoyance I've gone to continue editing a piece of film for a client but the project has reverted back to how it was in the very early stages of editing.

The head scratcher is this, I've been through all of my back-ups and the project seems to stay exactly the same no matter what I do, the most recent library even has other events/projects that I've started after making a lot of head way into this edit.

Is it possible for one event just to corrupt and fail and this is the reasoning behind my problems?

I do have an export of the most recent version as .mov for reference so all is not lost, but what a pain in the A!

Anyone else experienced similar?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Can events/projects corrupt?
on Mar 28, 2017 at 1:18:57 pm

I experienced something similar once, early on while I was learning to use FCPX - and what I eventually discovered is that I'd got confused about something important.

I had selected a clip in the browser, right-clicked, and selected 'Open in Timeline'. And then went about editing from there... so all of my edits were inside that one clip, instead of in a Project timeline.

What I came to realize is that you can open individual clips and modify them, and I had put a day's worth of work into that one clip in the browser. So I'd recommend turning on the filmstrip view in the browser and look for a clip that's got your real timeline in there. If you find it, you can simply copy out the stuff that shouldn't be there and paste it into a new project. Don't forget to delete the stuff that isn't the clip from the clip... ;^)

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Kristie Glennon
Re: Can events/projects corrupt?
on Mar 28, 2017 at 1:39:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this isn't the case with me.

Although I didn't know it was possible to edit individual clips like that, I've learned something useful for the future anyway, thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]