FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to use Multicam with XAVC 100 Intra is it not possible??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
Trying to use Multicam with XAVC 100 Intra is it not possible??
on Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34:28 pm

I am having a problem with trying to do multicam.

All of my clips XAVC 100. mov files

They play fine on time line or scrubbing, but when I form a multicam clip from them, it forms the MC clip, then when I open the angle view, they are all combined as one clip together?

I have 5 clips and it combines them in order as one clip in angle view? I then have 8 empty little clip angle views around the combined clip? Any Ideas what is wrong?
Thank U

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Trying to use Multicam with XAVC 100 Intra is it not possible??
on Mar 25, 2017 at 11:47:02 pm

Not quite sure I get what you mean about the 8 angles surrounding the clip. A screen shot might help.

Have you double-checked your camera and angle assignments in each clip's metadata using the info panel?

What happens if you manually place the clips on individual angles and then tell FCPX to align them?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on Mar 26, 2017 at 2:56:37 am

Sorry for not being clear. I am not at the office now, so I cant send screen shot. But what I meant was that the multi angle view, where you chose the clip you want to cut to, was divided up into 9 cubes. 8 of them were black, one had video in it. but,
when i scrubbed through the one angle(or shot) that had video all five of my clips were in that same angle(or shot) pieced together with a few seconds of black between each clip?

Thank U for thinking on it

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:33:26 am

Ok. That still sounds like what happens if the angle metadata hasn't been set in each of the clips. FCPX has no idea what to do with them and strings them all out in one long line.

If the angle metadata has been set then try going into the angle editor and manually add each clip to a different angle and get FCPX to sync the clips from there.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on Mar 26, 2017 at 2:49:02 pm

Jeff THANK YOU when I did it manually, it did it! THANK U any reason why, meaning my error in importing clips? I am using XAVC is that why? I can switch to HDcam HD422 would that be better?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]