FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX XML to Resolve Results in missing Audio Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
FCPX XML to Resolve Results in missing Audio Files
on Mar 24, 2017 at 11:40:40 pm

Hi,

I have a 2 hour film project in FCP X. I exported an FCP X XML and then imported that into Resolve, but some of the audio clips/files are completely missing. Anyone have experience with this type of problem?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX XML to Resolve Results in missing Audio Files
on Mar 25, 2017 at 12:33:23 am

Yep, audio transfer isn't good. Are you planning to do the mix in Resolve or just need it for reference? If the latter, export an audio-only file of the temp mix. Dupe your FCPX project and remove the audio. Then export a picture-only FCPXML. Marry the temp mix back to the picture timeline in Resolve.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
on Mar 25, 2017 at 12:53:17 am

Hi Oliver,

I was thinking of doing audio in Adobe Audition before I do color, so I can do as you suggested with an audio only track export and marry that to the video only FCP XML in Resolve. Will I be able to get an audio-only file of the audio that isn't just a single long audio file and actually has all the audio clips? I ask, because once I bring it into Resolve, I want Resolve to be the last step before exporting, and if I need to make just a few editing changes in Resolve, I would hope to have the individual audio clips for any small editing changes.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 25, 2017 at 1:05:09 am

In that case, I would suggest using XtoCC to get your clips to Premiere and then from there to Audition. Mix in Audition and take that mixed track into Resolve to marry up with the picture that you've sent over via FCPXML.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
on Mar 25, 2017 at 1:12:53 am

Okay, sounds great. Thanks for the tips!

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]