FORUMS: list search recent posts

browser settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Jones
browser settings
on Mar 22, 2017 at 1:34:56 am

On nearly every tutorial that I watch, the browser settings are above the timeline on the right side. Text, Transitions, Efects, etc. (See screen grab.)

However, on my timeline, I have some of the settings there, but others (such as text) on very top left. (See screen grab #2.) Why? I have been unable to find a way to change this. Was this a change with the latest update? Or is there some easy way to personalize this that I've not been able to find? Thanks much.

J. David Jones
V I D E O P R O D U C E R
Unleashing the Power of Stories
to Impact the World....
Follow me on Twitter: jdavid17
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdavid17

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: browser settings
on Mar 22, 2017 at 2:39:35 pm

Hey Jerry,

That is a direct result of the 10.3 update, where the interface changed substantially. There are ways to change which panes are open and their sizing, but no way to move the positions of the buttons.

Also keep in mind that many of the older tutorials, while quite useful conceptually, are working with older versions of the software. FCPX has undergone major changes at every point release, so try to focus on the later tutorials for 'how-to' bits.

I switched from FC7 about 6 months after initial release. There have been challenges, but it's just so damn much fun to edit that I can't imagine using anything else. Big fan of Ripple Training - check their blog. Keep learning!

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
Re: browser settings
on Mar 23, 2017 at 9:53:47 am

Thanks much, Doug. Very kind of you. I hear you. Yes, have been watching some of the Ripple stuff. Very good. Thanks again, Jerry

J. David Jones
V I D E O P R O D U C E R
Unleashing the Power of Stories
to Impact the World....
Follow me on Twitter: jdavid17
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdavid17

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]