FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 to Blu-ray without re-encode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Sovran
H.264 to Blu-ray without re-encode
on Mar 21, 2017 at 12:33:09 am

I have a H.264 video file that I need to add chapters to. I then want to transfer it to blu-ray disc without RE-ENCODING it. Can I do this in Final Cut Pro X (10.3.2) and/or Compressor 4 or even in Final Cut Pro 7 and/or Compressor 3.5?

I know that I can add the chapters with FCP, but I don't know if it can be burned to blu-ray without re-encoding the video. Is this possible?

If FCP can't do this, is there something else that can?

Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Helgi Thor
Re: H.264 to Blu-ray without re-encode
on Mar 21, 2017 at 1:36:02 pm

I'm pretty sure FCPX and Compressor will reencode.

Take a look at Adobe Encore, not sure about bluray, but it won't reencode MPEG2 for the regular DVDs.

--
Helgi Thor
Editor
Fortaleza
Brazil

Return to posts index

Damiano Galassi
on Mar 22, 2017 at 11:53:51 am

Blurays need a specific profile/level of h.264. Probably your h.264 file is not specs compliant anyway.

Return to posts index

Robert Sovran
on Mar 24, 2017 at 8:13:29 am

Thanks for your response.

This is an h.264 file that was originally created by compressor for blu-ray so I know that it is specs compliant. Original source materials are long gone. I have been able to add the needed chapters. How can I now create a BDMV file (from this h.264 file and the original AC3 file) and burn it back to blu-ray WITHOUT re-compressing (re-encoding) it. I don't want to degrade the quality.

DVD Studio Pro could mux a MPEG-2 file/AC3 file and create a VIDEO-TS folder for DVD without degrading the video. Is there a way to do this in blu-ray and create BDMV file.

Thanks so much for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]