FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronizing Proxies

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Peeters
Synchronizing Proxies
on Mar 19, 2017 at 1:54:52 pm

Hi guys,

For the current project I'm working on, I'm looking to create proxies in Resolve (for a number of reasons) and then synchronize the proxies in FCPX. To make this workflow possible, I need the "content created" metadata of the proxies to match the metadata of the original rushes. This is essential to be able to match the right videoclip with the right audioclip by sorting them on date and time created, when syncing in FCPX.
Does anyone know how I can retain the original metadata in the proxies?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Synchronizing Proxies
on Mar 19, 2017 at 5:15:59 pm

Why not create the proxies in FCPX instead? Resolve is far more forgiving on relinking than FCPX is.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Sam Peeters
on Mar 19, 2017 at 5:26:39 pm

Because the footage is shot on Alexa Mini in 2048 x 1152. I already have a project going with the previous footage that was shot on a Canon C300 (I know, ideally the documentary would have been shot on one and the same camera, long story) in 2K. I set up the project months ago in 2K, so I want to make proxies that are 2048 x 1080.
Also for the sake of due diligence I want to use Resolve to create the proxies, like I did for the previous footage.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 19, 2017 at 6:47:23 pm

Problem is FCPX will not toggle back and forth between proxies created outside of the app and original media. They'll treated as two different clips.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Sam Peeters
on Mar 19, 2017 at 8:10:06 pm

This is correct, but I have no need to toggle. The final export will happen in Resolve, so my round trip is RESOLVE > FCPX > RESOLVE

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 19, 2017 at 10:48:54 pm

So basically treat proxies as your original media- sure that would work if you are cool with seeing only proxies as your edit.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]