FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio changes aren't moving with project between libraries.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Audio changes aren't moving with project between libraries.
on Mar 16, 2017 at 9:38:22 pm

FCP X 10.3.2

I have copies of the same library at home and at work, but the audio work I've done on the edit aren't traveling with the edit. When I copy (drag from one event to the other) the project from my portable hard drive to the work computer, all of the audio channels I shut off, levels, loudness, etc aren't showing up in the work copy.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio changes aren't moving with project between libraries.
on Mar 16, 2017 at 11:33:17 pm

Are they original media in the project timeline or compound clips?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Mar 16, 2017 at 11:42:10 pm

Original media in the timeline - most of them multicam clips.

I'll go in and make adjustments inside the multicam clip with the audio (shut off channels), deal with loudness, etc. so that it propagates throughout the edit. Then I'll spot check the individual clips on the timeline as I go.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 17, 2017 at 3:58:03 am
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Mar 17, 2017 at 11:44:51 am

Better to handle on the timeline via Roles. If you're editing multicam files but only dragging over a project those changes aren't carrying over because they're different in each Library.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Mar 21, 2017 at 6:05:36 pm

Noah, so you're saying that assigning roles to the channels of a polyphonic audio track inside a multicam won't come over with the project even though the media is the same?

I tried it again. Assigned roles yesterday inside my multicam. Brought a copy of the project home. The roles I named reverted back to Tr2, Tr3, Tr4, etc.

Return to posts index

Helgi Thor
on Mar 17, 2017 at 1:32:37 pm

Tangier,

Instead of dragging the only project from one event to another, try to drag the whole event from one library to another.

It looks like the project is referencing the existing multicam clips (which don´t have the adjustments) when you drag only the project. If you copy over the event with the adjusted MC clips, maybe it´ll use those.

Another thing to try is to use the menu commands (File Copy/Move Project to Library) instead of mouse dragging, though I have no idea if that makes any difference.

--
Helgi Thor
Editor
Fortaleza
Brazil

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Mar 17, 2017 at 9:34:38 pm

That's actually what I did first. My normal routine is to transfer the entire evening, because I still run into issue with FCP X creating so many duplicates, triples, etc. of the same clip - very annoying. I tried then dragging the project over and tried exporting/importing an XML.

I will try the menu command instead.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 18, 2017 at 12:17:26 am

I would suggest keeping the media outside of the Library and carrying the Library with you vs. maintaining two Libraries. Much simpler than dragging between multiples.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]