FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to properly back up my Library but the original media is not copying to new drive - aliases are being created only

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
I want to properly back up my Library but the original media is not copying to new drive - aliases are being created only
on Mar 15, 2017 at 8:31:18 pm

I have been trying to create a new library to back up my FCP libraries on an external hard drive.

I drag and drop the events that I want to back up to the new library on the new drive.

I have checked the optimized and proxy media files boxes - because I want them to copy as well.

But none of these media files are copying . I see the library is created on the new drive.

When I look into "Show Package Contents" of the new library on the new drive, I do see in the folder for "Original Media" all my media files - but they are 'aliases.'

Please advice.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: I want to properly back up my Library but the original media is not copying to new drive - aliases are being created only
on Mar 15, 2017 at 9:53:56 pm

In the new library, tell FCPX to consolidate the media. That should force it to copy the files.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

cybil lake
Re: I want to properly back up my Library but the original media is not copying to new drive - aliases are being created only
on Mar 15, 2017 at 10:02:35 pm

Thanks! how do I tell it to do that?

Return to posts index

cybil lake
on Mar 15, 2017 at 10:03:11 pm

Thanks - how do I tell it to do that?

Return to posts index

cybil lake
on Mar 15, 2017 at 10:28:20 pm

I think that I figured how to do it. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]