FORUMS: list search recent posts

101: timeline went into a view that I've never seen

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
101: timeline went into a view that I've never seen
on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:34:15 pm

Not sure how I engaged it. Mouse cursor was still in A mode. All the clips were fixed and not able to be trimmed or moved. The connected clip was above; the primary clips were below and there was a mostly empty "track" sandwiched between with some sort of small identical icon where each of the clips were below. Undo accomplished nothing. Not a compound clip; not open in its own timeline. Clueless. I have not had the chance yet to get the 10.3 tutorials and run through them. If someone tells what it's called, I'll google it. Thanks.

Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic HPX250P, FCP X 10.3, teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 101: timeline went into a view that I've never seen
on Mar 14, 2017 at 10:10:53 pm

Screenshot?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:04:11 am

That would have made sense but a student needed to finish step one and she had just put her favorites on the time line and I was showing her how to trim when I got the unfamiliar. just trashed it when a search got me nowhere and time was running out.

Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic HPX250P, FCP X 10.3, teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:08:26 am

hehe- ok...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 17, 2017 at 1:07:28 pm

This sounds like you were in a roles mixing view.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 17, 2017 at 1:49:23 pm

Thanks! Now that I have a term I can google it. Tried images for new 10.3 update and got nothing. I assume this is a new feature?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 17, 2017 at 3:16:38 pm

Like this?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 18, 2017 at 10:21:36 am

actually no. I did a search for roles mixing view. It din't look anything like it. the roles title and color coding would have given it away even though I haven't gone through a tutorial on their use yet. This had no labels. it was just a blank Track for lack of a better term. sandwiched between a frozen primary and a couple of connected clips above. The only thing in the blank track were little vertical lines.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 18, 2017 at 5:04:03 am
Last Edited By Bret Williams on Mar 18, 2017 at 5:07:25 am

Sounds to me like you double clicked on a transition. You're aware of that view/mode? The precision editor. You're describing it pretty well.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 18, 2017 at 10:59:24 am

yeah that would be the closest except there was no highlighted edit point the vertical lines looked thinner without the boxes around it and everything was frozen. Trying to move the vertical lines did nothing. the ESC key did nothing. So it might have opened that view and gotten frozen. I was able to highlight all and trash the timeline and start again which is not really a crash.

Haven't opened a precision editor in 10.3. Has it changed its look or behavior at all?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]