Multicam edit with multiple channels of audio to export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Multicam edit with multiple channels of audio to export
on Mar 13, 2017 at 1:31:33 am
Last Edited By Daniel Elder on Mar 13, 2017 at 1:33:28 am

Hi all,

I am finishing the edit of a micro-budget half-hour sitcom, we have multiple channels of audio that were done with different methods of input / monitoring. Here's a breakdown of the different channels of audio in the scenes:

1. 4 scenes in house - 4 cameras - Panasonic AF100's - External Mixer with 2-4 Lavs + 1 Boom plus additional boom on camera
2. 4 GoPros in Car - GoPro Audio + External Monitoring with 3 Lavs
3. 1 Scene in shower - 2 Cameras - Panasonic AF100 - 1 Boom + On Camera Audio
4. StandUp - 3 Cameras - AF100 - Mic input + 3 On-Camera Audio

So, I am doing the basic mix for my edit, but when I send the audio to the sound mixer for music and mastering, what is the best way to make sure he gets all the different channels of audio on their own stems / tracks for mastering. Should I do each scene individually or do the full 24 minute edit as one export with all the different channels or dialogue, effects and music?

Just want to make sure I give my mixer the best options available for mixing since I really didn't fine tune for any pops, lav shuffle, crackle, etc.

Do I need to go through each scene and separate the different channels to Dialogue 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. and same with Effects and Music?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderproductions.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multicam edit with multiple channels of audio to export
on Mar 13, 2017 at 2:25:50 am

Kinda depends how much work you've done already. I.e. have you tagged your individual channels with Roles as you've worked? Or is it just one big mess of audio?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Daniel Elder
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:19:23 am

I am tagging them now, which is actually working. So all the audio is linked to the video and imported as STEREO, so I am going through and making them dual Mono or separating the tracks however I need to on each separate clip outside of the Multicam clip, which is working. But if they have multiple channels of audio, how do I tag them separately?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Daniel Elder
producer

Return to posts index

Daniel Elder
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:23:04 am

I am going through and on Angle A I'm labeling those Dialogue 1 & 2 (Dual Mono), and Angle B is labeled Dialogue 3 & 4, so on and so forth. Is that the best way to label them?

Daniel Elder
producer

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 15, 2017 at 4:16:00 am

Also you'll likely need X2Pro assuming the sound person is using ProTools.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]