FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing Motion templates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reuben Fink
Replacing Motion templates
on Mar 6, 2017 at 10:52:11 pm

I ran into a situation where we have created custom motion templates, inserted them in a timeline but then the director requests changes to the Motion template is there a way to change the source template so that the generator automatically updates on the timeline?

I did try changing the source template with a new generator but it does not update on the timeline any ideas?

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Replacing Motion templates
on Mar 7, 2017 at 12:44:49 pm

Unfortunately, no. Sure would be nice if it worked that way.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Mar 7, 2017 at 1:09:27 pm

If you are using 10.3 then it depends on whether you set the Library to store Motion templates within the library. If so, then you can't. However if it's set on using the Motion Template folder you can modify the Motion template in the "Movies" folder and it will modify within FCP X. You just have to close FCP X and reopen it. You might have to change a parameter slightly to force it to re render.

That being said, if you modify how parameters are implemented or add new parameters, weird things can happen.

Just make a backup of your Motion template. Then try modifying it and see what happens. You don't have anything to lose.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Mar 7, 2017 at 2:23:07 pm

Interesting. I've never had a Motion template update in the timeline after it has been modified in Motion.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 7, 2017 at 6:38:25 pm

It does. But only to some extent. If you add new parameters, they won't exist. But if you change the size of a logo or color of something that already exists, then yes.

And you should be able to edit them if they're in the library as well. Just open up the package and edit them from where they live there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]