FORUMS: list search recent posts

A big audio sync how-do-I-resolve-this challenge

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick ring
A big audio sync how-do-I-resolve-this challenge
on Mar 6, 2017 at 10:10:59 pm

Interesting challenge.

I have someone with a FCPX project with audio sync issues. There are 50-something tape captures of home movies from VHS, Hi-8 and miniDV. He has created 10 different projects, edited down from the captures, but ranging up to 2-hours each.

There is footage in each project which is out of sync. Some of the captures have an audio jump at the moment of static between recordings on the tape. Someone has created timelines for some of the tapes to blade (:-)) the recordings and shift the audio. In theory this should result in a video file that’s the same length as the original, but that’s clearly not the case with the projects that were created; some of these are off by only a few seconds, but others are half the length of the original capture. And, not all tapes that have issues were done.

I’m trying to figure out the best approach to this (I don’t have access to the original tapes or that much time). If the recordings could be re-synced and exported at the original length, perhaps the files could be replaced, allowing for the clips in the timelines to be in sync (as long as they thing they’re referencing the same clip in the browser). Not sure how likely that is to happen. Failing that, what are the next steps you would take?

He’s ok with the clips in the timelines being adjusted, but a) that’s a lot of clips and b) does nothing to address the footage that someone might use for a future edit (thought that is somewhat unlikely).

This is a help-someone-out, not not a money-maker project.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: A big audio sync how-do-I-resolve-this challenge
on Mar 6, 2017 at 10:37:24 pm

Hire an intern.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

nick ring
on Mar 7, 2017 at 4:45:02 am

"Hire an intern."

Ha! Yes, that's actually part of my plan as I have a couple available. I want to use the intern most effectively.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 7, 2017 at 3:44:17 pm

Unfortunately that's a ton of manual work...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]