FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X Slow to start playing back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Cullen
Final Cut Pro X Slow to start playing back
on Mar 5, 2017 at 11:16:47 pm

I have recently made a bunch of software updates on my Macpro and now in Final Cut Pro X when I play back it keeps taking roughly 5 seconds before it will play anything. Sometimes it jams up too but mostly it just takes a long time to play every single time I hit the play button. Before all the updates it was much quicker and it's becoming a pain in the bum to wait because I am editing a video at the moment that needs lots of changes so I am moving around alot and every time I have to wait 5 seconds to see the playback start.
Any advice on how to sort this out is much appreciated but I will say I have already tried a bunch of things such as permissions cleaning and preferences cleaning etc.
I am also using proxy media so would think it would be faster.

Cheers

Shaun

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Final Cut Pro X Slow to start playing back
on Mar 6, 2017 at 3:39:41 am

From internal or external storage? Are you running backup/antivirus apps? I suggest a preference reset and reinstall. Google for how to do either in FCPX if you've not done them before.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Shaun Cullen
on Mar 6, 2017 at 5:38:29 am

no backup or anti virus software no. I could do what you are saying but if it is just deleting the prefs from the system Library folder then I have done that. if you are suggesting completely removing FCPX and reinstalling it I could do that

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 6, 2017 at 6:34:59 am

Yeah I would reinstall. Typically that fixes weird issues.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]