FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen Problems with Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Palmer
Green Screen Problems with Final Cut Pro X
on Mar 4, 2017 at 7:48:26 pm

Hello All,

I am working on a project and I'm having some challenges working in Final Cut Pro X.

I have an image with a subject against a green screen. Unfortunately, the green screen and the subject were not properly lit and the image that I have is what I get... However, I am hoping to salvage the video.

The problem in the video is when the subject waves his hand, there's a trail of green that follows...

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Green Screen Problems with Final Cut Pro X
on Mar 4, 2017 at 8:51:43 pm

It's a hard thing to fix but I've had success in hiding it with Hawaiki Keyer's advanced edge tools. You could also try keying the hand seperately so you can be a bit more aggressive with the edges in that area while the motion is faster.

Otherwise, you may have to resort to some roto work.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
on Mar 4, 2017 at 9:02:33 pm

Jeff,

I agree with the Hawaiki option. Just bought it and it's already been a lifesaver in a similar situation.

Lawrence

Return to posts index

Jonathan Palmer
on Mar 4, 2017 at 10:04:54 pm

Jeff,

Thank you! I'll look into this. After posting and thinking about this problem, I ended up copying a clip from a previous, but similar project I worked on, and paste the attributes to the clip I was having some issues with. It fixed the problem!

Funny how I struggled for days with this problem and after posting on this forum, I ended up finding a solution.

Anyways, I'll look into what you suggested as a just in case scenario for the future.

Thanks a bunch you guys!!

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Mar 6, 2017 at 2:38:30 am

Hawaii keyer is worth every penny you omy for it. Like others said, it has saved a lot of time and headaches for me:)

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]