FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam clips greyed out / missing??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Multicam clips greyed out / missing??
on Mar 3, 2017 at 3:14:30 am

Hi,

So I am working on a TV pilot and so I have created multiple project timelines for each scene, before I compile them together. So far every timeline has multiple cameras and are laid out and work perfectly, except one. I have a timeline, which is a car driving scene, using 4 GoPro's which are synced together, which worked perfectly. I edited everything together, worked great. Then a few days later I came back to that scene to start to compile my master timeline and most of the scene's multicam are greyed out and aren't referencing any clips (as you'll see in attached image):

It still references timecode and so I can go back in and relink everything, but if I edited between clips, then I have to figure out how I edited it together again, which is a pain in the ass since its 4 cameras, not the end of the world, but kind of sucks.

Now my question is, why did this happen? I've edited a ton of multicam stuff and never had this happen, the only thing I can maybe think of is that it is GoPro footage, but not sure? Anyone have any ideas how I can relink this footage without having to actually go back and add the footage manually??

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderproductions.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multicam clips greyed out / missing??
on Mar 4, 2017 at 1:05:54 am

How were the clips ingested? Is it possible they are still referencing clips on the cards?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Alexandre Beaudoin
Re: Multicam clips greyed out / missing??
on Mar 8, 2017 at 6:48:47 pm

Hey there,

If you want an advise just work with another software than FCPX if you want to get into serious work, because it's unstable as hell. I have had the same issue than you this week on multiple projects and I solved the problem by opening the last backup library, then it suddenly made the clips available....

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]