FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share misses end of file, I have no in or out points

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Share misses end of file, I have no in or out points
on Mar 2, 2017 at 11:43:04 pm

I have just tried exporting a project (timeline) that is 01:37:37 long. I have no in or out points marked. The resulting mp4 is 01:22:16 long (i.e. has the last 13 minutes or so missing). It pays fine but this is where it ends. I have tried this twice, rebooting the computer. I am using FCP X 10.2.1 (upgrading is not really an option at this point and should not be necessary). I have over 100GB free and FCP says the file will be about 3.5GB.

I did shut-down FCP X after it finished and a breaf share error/failed pop-up happened but as I said the file seemed to export and I could play it.

Its a low rez mp4.

What can I try?

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 3550 3.3Ghz, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 16GB Mem

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Share misses end of file, I have no in or out points
on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:56:55 am

You didn't mention where you were selecting the project to export so the my first suggestion would be to select the project in the browser and export it from there rather than having the timeline open. Second option would be to create a new project and copy/paste the existing project to there.

When you open the share window, how long does the info panel say the exported project is going to run? Does it match the actual project?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
Re: Share misses end of file, I have no in or out points
on Mar 5, 2017 at 4:29:36 pm

I was in the open timeline. I think I will create a new timeline, close it and export from project. It takes 2 hours to export and I think this is the most likely to succeed?

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 3550 3.3Ghz, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 16GB Mem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]