FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio routing issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrice Freymond
Audio routing issue
on Mar 2, 2017 at 3:18:02 pm

Hi everyone,
client has two MacPros one they installed out of the box, one I clean installed.

On the one they installed I have an issue with audio routing from FCPX: Any clip that is flagged as Mono is not routed to the audio out but shows on FCPX meters. Any Stereo clip is routed to the mac's audio ports.

If I turn a Dual Mono clip into a Stereo one I can hear it. If I activate the Pan stereo on a Mono clip and pan either left or right i can hear it. middle position is dead.

MacPro is on Sierra and I looked into the MIDI settings which is ok. Furthermore if I import the xml from this library onto the other MacPro everything is ok.

I hesitate to do a clean install (I HAVE had bad factory OS installs in the past) if there is an easier solution or if it proves to be something with the hardware.

Any help is welcome

Patrice

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCPX
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Audio routing issue
on Mar 2, 2017 at 5:55:54 pm

Home made speaker cables? Phase cancellation?

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Mar 2, 2017 at 7:22:22 pm

Hi,

the cables are proper and as for the cancellation issue my guess is that I would not experience it with only one channel open, yet as long as a clip is interpreted as Mono it does not matter how many tracks are open, it is muted on the output, not within FCPX (meters are showing levels).

Patrice Freymond

Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 2, 2017 at 8:07:57 pm

True true. Strange.

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Mar 4, 2017 at 7:04:20 am

Hi everyone,

had a further look at the issue today and here's what I found:

- Creating a new library with a new project and new clips does not change the situation
- Turns out that not only FCPX is affected but all sound producing software
- Suspecting a bad account I created a new admin account, to no avail
- in the Audio Midi utility when clicking on the speakers (which usually produces a sound that helps in confirming your setup) I get ear-scratching noises but no clear sound)
- apparently only line out and headphones out are affected, internal speaker ok
- I did not have time to do a clean install on this mac but I am leaning towards a hardware issue but not entirely ruling out MacOS install
- Unfortunately Apple Hardware Dignostic does not launch on this machine, wether locally or internet (D or Alt-D at Launch)

What do you think?

Patrice Freymond

Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]