FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.0 Project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc D'Amour
FCPX 10.0 Project
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:13:43 am

Hello all...

I apologize if this is covered ground, but a search on these forums didn't yield the results I needed, and a google search came up empty as well.

I have an old project done in the original FCPX 10.0. The old type when projects and events had different folders. I'm fully up to speed on the transitioning versions of FCPX where you had to update old projects and how that all worked.

Unfortunately I just had an older client come back to me and their project was in the early FCPX format and my current install of 10.3 won't update the old file. Because FCPX is a download only and to my knowledge it really isn't an option to roll back, I was wondering what methods are used to open up older projects on new machines with 10.3.

Any help is appreciated.

Marc

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX 10.0 Project
on Mar 1, 2017 at 4:29:24 am

If you're using Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 or earlier and you want to update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3, you must first update your application to any version between 10.1 and 10.2.3. You can download and use the 30 day Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 trial to update your Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 or earlier projects and events to libraries and then update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]