FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio problem - channel configuration

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Franklin
Audio problem - channel configuration
on Feb 27, 2017 at 5:52:45 pm

I have an audio file that I recorded with a hand held recorder with a lav mic going into it. As you can see in the attached image, you can hear the audio fine at the beginning of the file, but then something happens and all you hear is a constant sound/roar. I mic'ed a speaker at an event and it seems that the problem with my audio file occurred when someone else mic'ed the speaker with another mic. My thought is that it may be possible that the other mic (which is wireless) is causing some type of interference, but my recording system is not wireless - my mic goes straight into the recording device.

The reason that I am posting this in the Final Cut X forum is because when I bring the file into Final Cut, it looks like you can see a remnant of the "good" audio in the background. If you look at the biggest part of the audio where there is a constant sound, you can see that there are waves that are dimmed in the background behind that sound.

I have taken this file into Soundbooth and Audition and I cannot see this remnant in either program - I can only see it in Final Cut. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might can access that background sound?

The properties confirm that the file has two channels however when I toggle different options in Channel Configuration in FCX, I see and hear no difference - the constant noise is still there. Also, I can't hear the good "background" audio when the constant noise starts.

Any thoughts and help will be appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio problem - channel configuration
on Feb 27, 2017 at 6:18:44 pm

Can you upload and share the file please?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Chris Franklin
on Mar 6, 2017 at 1:48:28 pm

Sorry, I thought that I already posted the original file last week, but it looks like I missed a step in the upload process.

The following link should be the link to the original audio file.

11105_vn800193.wma.zip

Return to posts index

Chris Franklin
on Mar 7, 2017 at 8:22:12 pm

Any thoughts? Noah, were you able to see what I was talking about in the file?

Return to posts index

Chris Franklin
on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:09:55 pm

I still use help with the problem if anyone has any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Chris Franklin
on Mar 10, 2017 at 4:23:37 pm

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Mar 13, 2017 at 5:52:22 pm

Chris,

The file you posted is a Windows Media Audio file (red flag!), and contains about 2.5 minutes of conversation with no dropout. I don't know of any recorders that are native .wma, so I'm assuming the audio was converted - which makes troubleshooting the file impossible.

Do you have the original media from your recorder?

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]