FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing audio when importing MXF to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon GM Li
Disappearing audio when importing MXF to FCPX
on Feb 22, 2017 at 5:28:39 am

Hi Fellow Creatives.

I'm trying to import an MXF file into FCPX ver 10.3.2, running on Sierra 10.12.3, but am not getting the audio on the import.

The original clip has audio (can hear it on VLC), but when I import it to FCPX, I get a video track with no attached audio (no waveforms, no actual sound). I can't seem to see any audio in the info panel either.

Looking everywhere online, it seems as though it is supposed to "just work" with the new Pro Video Formats, but I'm up to date with everything, and still no audio?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Disappearing audio when importing MXF to FCPX
on Feb 22, 2017 at 9:24:43 pm

Depends greatly on where the file came from and whether it's natively supported. I would suggest exporting to ProRes from MPEG Streamclip and taking it from there if importing directly into FCPX fails.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Simon GM Li
on Feb 23, 2017 at 6:18:43 am

Hey Noah.

Thanks for your post reply. That's pretty much what I ended up doing, but with Wondershare. Just made ProRes versions and am cutting on those instead.

To be fair, the Wondershare was pretty quick at the conversion, only a few minutes per 20 minute clip.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Feb 23, 2017 at 11:11:28 am

[Simon GM Li] " MXF file into FCPX ver 10.3.2, running on Sierra 10.12.3...when I import it to FCPX, I get a video track with no attached audio....it is supposed to "just work" with the new Pro Video Formats, "

It should work; I suggest reporting this to Apple. You can use EditReady to rewrap (which is faster than transcoding), but be advised it aso does not support MXF from all cameras. Here is the supported device list: http://www.divergentmedia.com/devices/supporteddevices

Return to posts index

Simon GM Li
on Feb 27, 2017 at 4:21:21 am

Thanks Joe, very useful tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]