FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few Compressor questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
A few Compressor questions
on Feb 17, 2017 at 7:48:11 am

I have a film that's 3.5 hours long, and I will be uploading it to Vimeo. I haven't upgraded Compressor, so i stil use good ol' Compressor 3.5.3 A few questions:

1 - Is 4.3 much fast than 3.5.3? That's really the only appeal for my needs, but if it isn't, I know how to use a Compressor preset as a share.

2 - I need to get this exported and uploaded tomorrow. I'm thinking of using a Compressor preset for a destination (this trick: https://blog.alex4d.com/2012/12/07/fcpx-using-compressor-preset-as-custom-s... and then exporting it out of FCP X at the size I want. My gut says that is going to be faster than exporting it as a full rez and then sending it to MPeg Streamclip or Compressor? Am I right in thinking that?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: A few Compressor questions
on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:14:39 am

The current version of Compressor is much faster than older versions but the final export speed is going to depend a lot on not just Compressor but the efficiency of any effects, etc that are applied to the footage along with the horsepower of the computer you're running it on.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: A few Compressor questions
on Feb 17, 2017 at 12:39:34 pm

Recent versions of Compressor 4 can take advantage of Intel QuickSync (in i7 processors, not Xeon) for faster H.264 encoding. Also Apple's H.264 encoding quality has greatly (and to me very significantly) improved over Compressor 3 series. Both these improvements are major.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]